Friday, January 6, 2012

First 5-minute Friday For Me!

From the Finding Heaven:

Let’s do it. Let’s just write without worrying if it’s just right or not. For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Let your mind and your words and your heart fly free; wild – no editing, no over thinking.


The Rules:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – don’t edit; don’t second-guess.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Must: leave a comment for the person who linked up before you – encouraging them
in their writing!

OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

Roar…





GO!




Good thing that I have a timer on the bottom right-hand corner of the computer screen because 5 minutes feels like a wink to me, but then again it is sweet buying time when I say, "You have 5 more minutes, son." He loves that! So, these are 5 precious minutes to me.



I got a question. Usually how I start all my thoughts and ramblings. When you look at a still picture of a lion with it's mouth open, is he roaring or yawning? You don't know unless you actually "hear" him, right? So true of the Enemy.

This lion here is just yawning (at least that is what the caption said), doesn't look like it does it? Right? But just as I have experienced in my own life, "the Devil is poised to pounce, and would like nothing better than to catch YOU napping" (1 Peter 5:7 MSG). Oh, how True!

Step 1. Do not nap...the Devil doesn't.
Step 2. Don't stand to close...the Devil pounces.
Step 3. Don't listen...when the Devil ROARS, it will just be like he is yawning to you...no effect!

The hardest step is 3. Lies deafen our senses to the Truth. But the Devil has no power over us if we do not listen to his hissssss or his ROOOOOOOOOAR!

STOP!

(2 minutes over for photo searching! I'll try again next Friday!)
April

3 comments:

Lori said...

:) GREAT post! so very very true. This week I've heard him speak briefly (doubts and pain) and had to quickly turn my ear to God to stop listening. btw, I don't count my photo hunt as part of my 5 minutes, bec/ its quick to me too! But I hope that's okay! also, to share: When I've exhausted my own photos and those of my family members, morguefile.com has free photos you can use without attribution. Just fyi ;-)

Jennifer Dawn McLucas said...

Welcome! Great post! I always wonder if photographed lions are yawning or roaring. I love the way you compared it to Satan. And your right, ignoring him when he roars is difficult. Wonderful perspective!

For the record, I never count my photo searching time, lol. It takes some time to find just that right photo.

Unknown said...

Love the last one -- no effect -- like just a yawn.

Thank you so much for the kind words you left me on my blog, Finding Heaven. Your words hit my heart with so much love.

Post a Comment